What is Green Coffee Bean Extract And How Does It Help With Weight Loss?
Posted by Mike Miryala on
Green coffee bean extract, otherwise known as GCE, has gained popularity in recent years as a dietary supplement that can help promote weight loss.
In this article, we’ll explore what this plant-based extract exactly is, the health benefits and how it can help people lose the extra weight naturally.
What is Green Coffee Bean Extract?
Green coffee bean extract is a dietary supplement that is derived from unroasted coffee beans. The extract contains a high concentration of chlorogenic acid than roasted coffee, a natural compound that is known to have various health benefits.
Chlorogenic acid is a polyphenol that is found in many plants, including coffee beans. It is believed to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, as well as the ability to regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
Green coffee bean extract is often marketed as a weight loss supplement, as many studies show that it is proven to promote weight loss by reducing the absorption of carbohydrates and increasing fat metabolism.
While green coffee bean extract is generally considered safe, it can cause side effects such as insomnia, jitteriness, and stomach upset in some people. It may also interact with certain medications, so it is important to talk to a healthcare provider before taking the supplement.
How does Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCE) help reduce the absorption of carbohydrates?
Green coffee bean extract supports weight loss by reducing the absorption of carbohydrates due to the high concentration of chlorogenic acid present in the extract.
When we eat carbohydrates, they are broken down into glucose (sugar), which is then absorbed into the bloodstream. This causes a spike in blood sugar levels, which triggers the release of insulin to help transport the glucose into our cells for energy
However, chlorogenic acid is said to inhibit the enzyme alpha-amylase, which is responsible for breaking down carbohydrates in the small intestine. By inhibiting alpha-amylase, chlorogenic acid can slow down the absorption of carbohydrates, which can help to reduce the spike in blood sugar levels and the release of insulin.
When blood sugar and insulin levels are stable, it can help to reduce cravings and feelings of hunger, which can ultimately lead to a reduction in calorie intake and weight loss.
How does Green coffee bean extract help increase fat metabolism?
First off, fat metabolism refers to the process by which the body breaks down fat molecules to release energy. This process involves a complex series of biochemical reactions that occur in the body's cells and tissues, and is critical for maintaining energy balance and overall health.
Increased fat metabolism is highly beneficial for several reasons including weight loss, improved metabolic health, increased energy and reduced inflammation.
The usual strategies to increase fat metabolism include regular exercise, eating a healthy, balanced diet, staying hydrated, getting adequate sleep and taking supplements.
Chlorogenic acid in Green coffee bean extract is believed to stimulate the activity of an enzyme called lipase, which helps to break down fat cells in the body. When fat cells are broken down, they release fatty acids into the bloodstream, which can then be used by the body for energy.
Increased fat metabolism promotes weight loss in several ways:
- Burn more calories: When the body is able to metabolize fat more efficiently, it can burn more calories and use more energy throughout the day. This increased energy expenditure can help to create a calorie deficit, which is necessary for weight loss.
- Reduce fat stores: When the body breaks down fat molecules to release energy, it reduces the amount of fat stored in the body's fat cells. This can help to reduce body fat percentage and promote weight loss.
- Improve insulin sensitivity: Increased fat metabolism can also improve insulin sensitivity, which is important for regulating blood sugar levels and preventing the development of conditions such as insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. When insulin sensitivity is improved, the body is better able to utilize glucose for energy and less likely to store excess glucose as fat.
- Increase satiety: Eating a diet that is high in protein and healthy fats can help to increase satiety and reduce appetite, which can make it easier to stick to a calorie-restricted diet and promote weight loss.
Additionally, chlorogenic acid is believed to help regulate glucose metabolism, which can also contribute to increased fat metabolism. When blood sugar levels are stable, the body is more likely to use fat as a source of energy instead of storing it, which in turn leads to weight loss.
Why do we want to regulate glucose metabolism?
Glucose metabolism refers to the process by which the body breaks down glucose, a simple sugar that is the primary source of energy for the body's cells. Glucose is derived from the foods we eat, and is transported from the bloodstream into cells throughout the body with the help of the hormone insulin. Maintaining healthy glucose metabolism is important for overall health and well-being.
It's also important to keep in mind that weight loss is a complex process that involves many factors, including diet, exercise, and lifestyle habits. While green coffee bean extract may have some potential benefits for weight loss, it should not be relied upon as a sole method of weight loss and should be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Does Green coffee bean extract take effect right away in reducing the absorption of carbohydrates upon ingestion?
The effects of green coffee bean extract on reducing the absorption of carbohydrates may not be immediate. It can take some time for the chlorogenic acid in the extract to work and inhibit the activity of the enzyme alpha-amylase.
Studies have shown that the peak concentration of chlorogenic acid in the blood occurs about 30 minutes to 2 hours after ingestion of green coffee bean extract. However, the effects of chlorogenic acid on carbohydrate absorption may continue for several hours after ingestion.
It's also important to note that the effects of green coffee bean extract on reducing the absorption of carbohydrates may vary depending on the individual and their diet. For example, if someone is consuming a diet high in simple carbohydrates, the effects of green coffee bean extract may be less noticeable compared to someone consuming a diet with more complex carbohydrates.
Overall, the effects of green coffee bean extract on reducing carbohydrate absorption and promoting weight loss may not be immediate, and may require consistent use over a period of time to see results. It's important to speak with a healthcare provider before taking any dietary supplements, including green coffee bean extract.
How can you add Green Coffee Bean Extract to your diet or lifestyle?
Green coffee bean extract can be consumed in various forms, including capsules, tablets, powders, and liquid extracts. Supplement capsules and tablets are the most common form of green coffee bean extract and are typically taken orally with water.
Green coffee bean extract has been suggested to lead to weight loss through several mechanisms, including:
- Reducing carbohydrate absorption: Green coffee bean extract contains a substance called chlorogenic acid, which has been shown to inhibit the activity of an enzyme called alpha-amylase, which is involved in the digestion of carbohydrates. By inhibiting the absorption of carbohydrates, green coffee bean extract may help to reduce calorie intake and promote weight loss.
- Increasing fat metabolism: Green coffee bean extract has also been suggested to increase fat metabolism as well as help regulate glucose metabolism, which can help to increase energy expenditure and promote weight loss.
- Suppressing appetite: Some studies have suggested that green coffee bean extract may help to reduce appetite and food cravings, which can help to reduce calorie intake and promote weight loss.
- Lowering blood sugar levels: Green coffee bean extract has been shown to help lower blood sugar levels, which can help to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the risk of developing conditions such as insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.
Therefore, in addition to exercise and eating a healthy balanced diet, taking supplements that contain Green coffee bean extract can help you naturally lose that extra weight easier and faster, on top of other benefits to your overall health.
Green Coffee Bean Extract Supplement
Green Coffee Extract is widely available in various forms including whole beans, ground, powdered, in capsules. You can consume green coffee at any time of the day, though it's best to consume it before your meals. This is because your blood sugar levels spike up after eating proteins and carbs. Supplements containing Green coffee bean extract can help by preventing the sudden spike and maintaining the blood sugar level.
If you're interested in taking GCE as a supplement, the easiest way to take this healthy body slimming extract is in capsule form. Check out CoBionic Slim Surge, an All-Natural “Carb Blocker” made from mulberry leaves and also contains Green Coffee Bean Extract.
Slim Surge is a clinically tested plant-based supplement, therefore it's an easy, safe and natural way to “block” carbs from being digested while you eat everyday, meaning you flatten blood sugar spikes and store less fat (or converted carbs) to help you lose that extra weight naturally.
Mike Miryala, Head Pharmacist at CoBionic
Want to burn fat naturally and speed up weight loss? You might also be interested in:
- Superfood based, Fat-Burner that Activates Your Body’s Natural Fat-Burning Powers To Regain A Happy, Healthy Weight!
- Boosts metabolism by activating brown fat
- Burns white fat for over-all weight loss
- Reduces craving for a long period
- 100% Vegan Gummies -- with Apple Cider Vinegar, B12, and Folate -- for Improved Digestion, Weight Loss, and Total Body Health
- Controls appetite, stabilizes blood sugar and promotes weight loss
- Improves digestion, eases heartburn and acid reflux