- 1 (7 oz or 200 g) package of fettuccine shirataki noodles
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of sesame oil, to cook with
- 1 medium red chili pepper (1/2 oz or 14 g), sliced (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon (5 g) of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove (3 g), peeled and minced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper (2 oz or 60 g), thinly sliced
- 1/2 zucchini (2 oz or 60 g), made into noodles
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) of red curry paste (or to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) of coconut cream (from the top of a refrigerated can of unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) of sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1Drain and rinse the shirataki noodles. Place the rinsed noodles in a pot of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes and drain well. Set aside until ready to use.
2Add the sesame oil to a skillet over high heat. Add the optional chili pepper, fresh ginger, and garlic to the skillet and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3Add the bell pepper to the skillet and saute until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4Add the drained shirataki noodles, zucchini “noodles,” red curry paste, and coconut cream to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5Divide between 2 bowls and garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
(Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
Calories: 180 Fat: 14 g Total Carbs: 10 g Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 2 g Net Carbs: 6 g Protein: 2 g