- 8 slices of bacon (8 oz or 224 g) (regular thickness)
- 16 large shrimp (1 lb or 450 g), peeled and deveined (you can leave the tail on for decoration)
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of Cajun seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of salt
1Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Defrost the shrimp, if needed.
2In a small bowl, mix the Cajun seasoning, olive oil, lime juice, and salt. Place the shrimp into the bowl and coat with the mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3Cut each slice of bacon in half lengthwise.
4Place the cut bacon slices (now 16 of them) onto a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes (the bacon shouldn’t be crispy yet).
5Increase the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C). Remove the baking tray from the oven.
6After the bacon is cool enough for you to handle, wrap each shrimp with one piece of bacon and use a cocktail stick to secure it.
7Place the bacon-wrapped shrimp back on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the shrimp is completely cooked.
(Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
Calories: 429 Fat: 35 g Total Carbs: 0 g Fiber: 0 g Sugar: 0 g Net Carbs: 0 g Protein: 29 g