- 1 cup (150 g) raw cashews
- 1 cup (240 ml) filtered water (plus additional for soaking)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon (5 g) psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) garlic powder
1Soak the raw cashews in a bowl of boiling hot water for 1 hour. Drain well.
2Place the soaked cashews in a food processor or blender along with the remaining ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
3Pour the cashew mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the “cheese” reaches the desired thickness and stretchiness.
4Refrigerate the mozzarella “cheese” in a sealed container for 3 to 4 days.
(Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
Calories: 64 Fat: 5 g Total Carbs: 3 g Fiber: 1 g Sugar: 1 g Net Carbs: 2 g Protein: 2 g