- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) of coconut oil, to cook with
- 1/2 medium onion (55 g), diced
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef
- 2 teaspoons (7 g) of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of paprika
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) of chili powder, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head (200 g) of romaine lettuce, separated into individual leaves
- 1 small tomato (90 g), diced
- 1 avocado (200 g), sliced
1In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until softened.
2Add the ground beef to the skillet and sauté until browned.
3Then add in the spices and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes more.
4Serve with the lettuce leaves, diced tomatoes, and avocado slices so everyone can make their own lettuce tacos.
(Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
Calories: 518 Fat: 45 g Total Carbs: 8 g Fiber: 5 g Sugar: 2 g Net Carbs: 3 g Protein: 21 g