- 1 (8 oz or 240 g) package of macaroni shirataki noodles
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (11 oz or 300 g), chopped into small florets
- 1 cup (240 ml) of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of filtered water
- 3 Tablespoons (24 g) of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) of turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup (38 g) of raw cashews (soaked in hot water for an hour and drained)
1Drain and rinse the shirataki noodles. Place the rinsed noodles in a pot of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes and drain well. Return the noodles to the pot and set aside.
2Boil, steam, or microwave the cauliflower florets until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes to boil or steam, and about 10 to 12 minutes to microwave. Drain well.
3In a blender or food processor, combine the cooked cauliflower, almond milk, water, nutritional yeast, salt, turmeric powder, and soaked cashews until smooth.
4Pour the “cheese” sauce over the noodles and let sit for about 30 minutes until the noodles have absorbed some of the sauce and the sauce has thickened.
5Gently reheat the macaroni to the desired temperature and serve.
(Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
Calories: 95 Fat: 5 g Total Carbs: 9 g Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 3 g Net Carbs: 5 g Protein: 6 g