This quiche is smoky and savory.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (60 ml), to cook with
- 1 medium onion (110 g), peeled and diced
- 4 cups of spinach (120 g), chopped
- 2 small tomatoes (180 g), diced
- 8 oz smoked salmon (225 g), chopped
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (60 ml)
- 12 medium eggs (588 g), whisked
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley (8 g), chopped
- 3/4 cup of coconut cream (180 ml) (from the top of 1 refrigerated can of coconut milk)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve with
1Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2Add the coconut oil to a large frying pan and cook the onion, spinach, tomatoes, smoked salmon, and lemon juice until slightly browned.
3Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
4Combine with the rest of the ingredients and pour into a 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish.
5Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the eggs are soft but set.
6Let cool, slice, and serve with lemon wedges.
- Avocado oil can be used instead of coconut oil.
- Kale can be used instead of spinach, but be sure to remove the stems before cooking.
- Canned salmon can be used instead of smoked salmon but drain well before combining it with the other ingredients.
- You can omit the lemon if you don’t have any in your pantry.
(Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
Calories: 493 Fat: 37 g Total Carbs: 8 g Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 4 g Net Carbs: 6 g Protein: 30 g