Your face is the first thing people see when they look at you. So who wouldn’t love to take care of this part of the body that gives a first impression? Everyone wants to look younger and maintain a youthful glow, but unfortunately, many subscribe to surgical procedures, synthetic creams and other toxic topicals that come with long-term side effects.
Luckily, you don’t have to break a bank on synthetic creams, lasers, injections, or surgeries to look younger. We’ve put together a list of the best-proven natural hacks to make your face look younger. This works like magic and you can safely include these measures in your everyday routine.
Without much ado, check out these natural measures to make your skin look younger, healthy, hydrated, and youthful.
Add More Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) to Your Diet
Our bodies need essential fatty acids to function optimally. These nutrients help keep your skin hydrated and supple. More so, it reduces inflammation and prevents premature skin aging.
However, our bodies cannot produce EFA on its own. Hence, we can only get these important fats from our diet.
So a natural way to help keep your face younger is to add foods rich in EFA to your diet. Some good examples include fish, walnuts, flax seeds, and vegetable oils.
Eat More Vegetables and Fruits
Vegetables and fruits are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and are face-friendly foods.
Vitamin C, E, and D are essential for healthy skin and help protect against UV damage. More so, adding vitamin- and antioxidant-rich foods to your diet helps prevent signs of skin aging. This is needed to help keep your face looking younger.
So aim to eat at least 2-3 cups of vegetables and at least 1-2 cups of fruits every day.
Some good food sources of vitamins and antioxidants to include in your diet include carrots, berries, spinach, broccoli, kale, sweet potatoes, red and green peppers.
Try Collagen Supplement
Collagen is an essential protein that helps keep your skin firm and smooth. Our bodies produce collagen naturally, but as we age, the level of collagen drops, and that’s when signs of aging set in.
However, you can load up on collagen, which are natural supplements that help boost your body’s collagen levels to improve your skin elasticity and hydration.
But you need to ensure you buy from reputable brands that have their certificate of analysis to prove that you’re getting exactly what you see on the label, and no additives, fillers, preservatives, or other toxic substances.
Our Indulgence Collagen Capsule has been proven to help supply the body with enough collagen to keep it rejuvenated, hydrated, and nourished to reduce signs of aging. It contains the top 5 collagens in one capsule to help your body recapture youthful health.
Drink Plenty of Water
Hydration inside out is important if you desire to keep your face looking younger. Studies have found that drinking enough water every day helps keep the skin healthy and youthful.
Generally, all men should aim for 13 cups of water daily, while women should take at least 9 cups daily to stay hydrated.
Eating plenty of vegetables and fruits is also helpful to maintain hydration.
Try to cut down on caffeinated soft drinks and teas as they can dehydrate you and this can have a negative toll on your facial skin.
Exercise Your Facial Muscles
Many people do not know that they can exercise their facial muscles to help look younger. Stretching and exercising your facial muscles helps increase the flow of blood, and this helps reduce the development of wrinkles and fine lines.
Here are some good ways to exercise your facial muscles:
- Tilt your head to the ceiling and pout your lips in a kissing movement. Do this twice daily and make sure you pout your lips for at least 20 times on each attempt.
- Sit in an upright position and tilt your head back to make your chin point towards the ceiling. Keep your mouth closed in the process and make a chewing movement with your mouth, then feel your facial muscles working. Practice this about 20 times.
- Place one hand on your forehead and push your head against it. Maintain this position for at least 10 seconds.
You can repeat these exercises once or twice daily to keep your facial skin looking firm and youthful.
Smoking has been proven to speed up the aging process of the skin. You can examine the skin of smokers around you. Look at their mouth region and notice how dry it looks.
Smoking can promote the development of wrinkles and fine lines around your face.
So it is advisable that you avoid or quit smoking if you want to make your skin look younger. You may consider talking to your doctor about quitting, and you would be put through an effective treatment plan.
One of the most common contributors of aging skin is stress. When you’re constantly stressed, your skin becomes prone to problems including aging.
Hence, a good way to support the health of your skin is to limit the stress in your life. Some good measures to achieve this include:
- Plan your day and create time to relax
- Avoid any situation that makes you stressed out
- Try meditation, which has been proven to help reduce anxiety and depression, lower blood pressure, reduce stress, and improve feelings of relaxation
- Put your phone away for a set time daily to connect with yourself
- Take a break in between work to go for an easy walk or do some light exercises. You can practice yoga to keep it gentle
Limit Your Skin Exposure to the Sun
The ultraviolet radiation from the sun has been shown to break down collagen and elastin fibers in the skin and speed up the natural aging process. In other words, spending too much time in the sun may cause your skin, especially your face to age more quickly.
Here are some measures to limit or avoid sun exposure:
- Put on a hat with a wide brim anytime you plan to go out on a sunny day
- Wear a high SPF sunscreen
- Sit under an umbrella at the pool, golf course, or beach
Be Gentle with Your Skin
Avoid being too harsh on your skin, especially when bathing. Scrubbing or using harsh products can actually cause damage and speed up aging.
Avoid taking long showers and baths as this can strip your skin of its natural oils and cause dryness. Also, do not use soaps containing harsh chemicals.
Wash your face gently and when you’re done, always pat gently to dry. Make sure you don’t rub.
Get Enough Sleep
Look at yourself in the mirror after a night without adequate sleep and observe how you look. Not getting enough sleep at night can trigger signs of aging.
Hence, to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful, it is important that you maintain a healthy sleep schedule. It is recommended that you sleep for at least 7 hours every night as an adult.
We often overlook the effectiveness of natural measures to maintain a youthful look. You really do not have to follow strict procedures to make your face look younger. Just some light adjustments in lifestyle and habits can give you the best result without any short-term or long-term risk.
Your body has the capacity to take care of itself and stay youthful, it’s all left for you to supply the needed nutrients, watch what you eat, drink, and apply on your skin, take enough rest, and exercise. In other words, when you follow the natural measures highlighted above, your facial skin will thank you!
You may also read - Does Collagen Help with Acne Scars?
You might also like:
- A Delicious Vanilla Treat Loaded With Collagen and 5 other Powerful Superfoods like Silica and Glucomannan
- Reduced wrinkles and fine lines
- Supports stronger, fuller hair
- Great for both gut and joint health
- Deliciously sweet melt-in-your-mouth gummies that are vegetarian, gluten-free, & low in sugar to deliver vitamins and nutrients
- Supports fuller, longer, more vibrant hair
- With vitamins that keep skin youthful and firm
- With nutrients that maintain healthy, strong, growing nails