Brisket is a flavorful cut of meat that becomes incredibly tender and juicy when cooked in the Instant Pot. This recipe is perfect for those following a low-carb or keto lifestyle, as it uses minimal ingredients and avoids any added sugars or high-carb sauces.
Beef is a great choice for those following a low-carb diet. Here are some reasons why:
- High in Protein: Beef is an excellent source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues, maintaining muscle mass, and supporting various functions in the body. Including beef in your low-carb diet helps you meet your protein needs while keeping carbohydrates in check.
- Low in Carbohydrates: Beef is naturally low in carbohydrates, making it an ideal choice for low-carb diets. While the exact carb content can vary slightly depending on the cut, beef generally contains negligible amounts of carbohydrates, especially when consumed without any added sauces or breading.
- Rich in Essential Nutrients: Beef is packed with essential nutrients, including iron, zinc, B vitamins (such as vitamin B12 and niacin), and selenium. These nutrients play crucial roles in supporting overall health, energy production, immune function, and cognitive function.
- Source of Healthy Fats: While beef is known for its protein content, it also contains healthy fats, including monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, especially in fattier cuts like ribeye or sirloin. These fats are beneficial for heart health, brain function, and reducing inflammation.
- Satiating and Appetite Control: High-protein foods like beef are known to promote feelings of fullness and reduce appetite, which can be beneficial for those trying to manage their calorie intake and lose weight on a low-carb diet. Including beef in your meals can help you feel satisfied and avoid excessive snacking.
- Versatility in Cooking: Beef offers a wide variety of cuts and cooking methods, allowing for versatility in your low-carb meals. Whether you choose lean cuts like sirloin or tenderloin or opt for fattier cuts like ribeye or brisket, you can prepare beef in various ways, such as grilling, roasting, braising, or stir-frying, to add deliciousness to your low-carb meals.
While beef is a nutritious and low-carb food option, it's important to choose lean cuts and be mindful of portion sizes to moderate calorie and fat intake. Also, consider incorporating a variety of protein sources into your diet to ensure a balanced nutrient intake. Always consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian before making significant changes to your diet, especially if you have specific health conditions or dietary restrictions.
This easy Instant Pot brisket recipe is a fantastic low-carb meal option that satisfies your cravings while keeping you on track with your dietary goals. With minimal effort, you can enjoy tender and flavorful brisket that pairs perfectly with low-carb sides. The Instant Pot makes the cooking process a breeze, allowing you to have a delicious meal on the table in no time. Give this recipe a try and savor the mouthwatering flavors of this low-carb Instant Pot brisket!
Easy Instant Pot Brisket
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 lbs (1 ⅓ kg) beef brisket
- 1 onion (4 oz or 110 g), sliced
- 2 cups (480 ml) of beef broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- If needed, cut the brisket into 2 or 3 smaller pieces to fit in your Instant Pot. Place the brisket in the Instant Pot and cover it with the remaining ingredients.
- Close the lid and move the steam release handle to “Sealing.” Turn on the Instant Pot by pressing the “Pressure Cooker/Manual” button and set the timer for 90 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- When the cooking time ends, allow the steam to release naturally and the float valve to drop down, about 20 to 25 minutes. Press “Cancel” and carefully open the lid.
- Remove the brisket from the Instant Pot and place it on a carving board or platter. Let the brisket rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- If desired, press “Saute” and cook to reduce the remaining liquid in the Instant Pot to make a slightly thickened sauce.
- Serve the brisket with the sauce and enjoy.
Nutrition: (Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 38 g
- Total Carbs: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Net Carbs: 2 g
- Protein: 30 g