Egg-Free Sandwich Bread: A Wholesome Fusion of Low-Carb and Plant-Based Delight
In the ever-evolving world of dietary preferences and health-conscious choices, finding a bread that aligns with both low-carb and plant-based lifestyles can feel like a quest. But fear not, as we introduce you to a game-changer – Egg-Free Sandwich Bread. This delightful creation not only caters to your dietary needs but also offers a myriad of benefits that will transform your bread-loving experience.
Ingredients That Make a Difference
- Almond Flour – A Nutrient-Rich Foundation: Almond flour serves as the primary ingredient in this bread, providing a nutty flavor profile and a dose of healthy fats. Almonds are rich in monounsaturated fats, which have been linked to improved heart health and reduced risk of chronic diseases.
- Psyllium Husks – A Plant-Based Binding Agent: In the absence of eggs, whole psyllium husks play a vital role as a binding agent in this bread. Psyllium husks provide soluble fiber, aiding digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness, making this bread an excellent choice for those watching their carb intake.
- Coconut Flour and Flax Meal – Textural Enhancers: Coconut flour and flax meal contribute to the bread's texture and structure. Coconut flour is high in fiber and imparts a mild coconut flavor, while flax meal adds omega-3 fatty acids and additional fiber, further supporting digestive health.
- Baking Powder and Erythritol – Flavor and Leavening: Baking powder lends a light and airy texture to the bread, allowing it to rise without the use of eggs. Granulated erythritol adds a touch of sweetness without contributing to blood sugar spikes, making this bread suitable for those following a low-carb or keto lifestyle.
- Lukewarm Water and Coconut Oil – Essential Moisture and Flavor: Lukewarm water and melted coconut oil ensure that the bread remains moist and tender. Coconut oil also brings a subtle coconut essence, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
Elevating Bread to a New Level
Egg-Free Sandwich Bread is a testament to the culinary possibilities that emerge when low-carb and plant-based principles converge. With its carefully selected ingredients and thoughtful combination of textures and flavors, this bread serves as a delicious and nutrient-rich foundation for your sandwiches, toasts, and culinary creations. As you savor the taste, relish the benefits of this bread that resonates with your dietary choices – a harmonious blend of low-carb and plant-based living that nourishes your body and delights your taste buds. So, let the aroma of freshly baked Egg-Free Sandwich Bread fill your kitchen and elevate your culinary experience to new heights.
Egg-Free Sandwich Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices/servings)
- 2 cups (240 g) of almond flour
- 1/3 cup (27 g) of whole psyllium husks
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) of flax meal
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (12 g) of granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of salt
- 2 cups (480 ml) of lukewarm water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, psyllium husks, coconut flour, flax meal, baking powder, granulated erythritol, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the water and melted coconut oil to the bowl and use a wooden spoon to mix until no lumps remain. With clean hands, knead the dough for a few minutes until it comes together into a smooth dough ball. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a smooth bread loaf and place it into the prepared loaf pan. (Be sure to keep the top of the loaf rounded as the bread will not rise during baking.)
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the loaf is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftover bread in a sealed container for 2 to 3 days.
Nutrition: (Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 11 g
- Total Carbs: 7 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Net Carbs: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g