This Peppermint Bark can be a delicious and healthy plant-based dessert. But it's important to consume it in moderation as part of a balanced weight-loss diet.
Dark chocolate contains flavonoids, which are antioxidants that have been shown to have potential health benefits, such as improving heart health and reducing inflammation. Additionally, 100% dark chocolate is typically much lower in sugar and calories than other types of chocolate. However, it's important to note that 100% dark chocolate can also be bitter and may not be as palatable as other types of chocolate.
Peppermint extract is a plant-based ingredient that can be used to add flavor to various dishes and beverages. While it does not directly contribute to weight loss, it can be a helpful ingredient in weight-loss diets in several ways. Peppermint extract is known for its refreshing flavor and aroma, which can help curb cravings for high-calorie or high-sugar foods. Additionally, research has shown that consuming peppermint extract can help reduce feelings of hunger and promote feelings of fullness, which may lead to a reduction in overall calorie intake.
Enjoy this Peppermint Bark as a healthy and filling snack that's rich in nutrients, plant-based and low in carbs.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 oz (112 g) of 100% dark chocolate
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of coconut oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of coconut butter
- ¼ cup (48 g) of erythritol (or monk fruit extract)
- 2 drops of peppermint extract
- In a microwave or a small saucepan on the stove, melt the dark chocolate.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate into a parchment paper-lined 8x8-inch (20x20-cm) or 9x9-inch (23x23-cm) rimmed tray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, melt the coconut oil and coconut butter. Stir in the erythritol and peppermint extract. Pour the mixture over the dark chocolate and use a knife to create swirls.
- Freeze for 2 hours to harden. Break into small pieces and enjoy.
Nutrition: (Estimated and based on per-serving amounts.)
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 16 g
- Total Carbs: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Net Carbs: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g